Arranged marriages in 2018

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Can't believe these are still going on...
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In some cultures, it's the norm. I don't get it either but it's not my life so whatever. I met a lady a few years who is Muslim and her marriage was arranged. I forget where she was originally from.
mommeruchy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

What’s wrong with arranged marriages? My marriage was arranged (not in 2018 though hehe). Dh and I are still very happily married 10+ years later with 5 beautiful children as are all of my siblings who also had arranged marriages (most of them have way more kids than me though). Of course they don’t work all the time but when you come from a culture in which arranged marriages happen it’s just the norm. I don’t find the secular way of dating to be any more right or wrong because secular people have different ideas of that versus the community I come from. What works for you doesn’t work for everyone and all that.
TrouserMouse
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

The few marriages I know that were arranged are extremely happy. Whatever works for them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

mommeruchy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:45 am What’s wrong with arranged marriages? My marriage was arranged (not in 2018 though hehe). Dh and I are still very happily married 10+ years later with 5 beautiful children as are all of my siblings who also had arranged marriages (most of them have way more kids than me though). Of course they don’t work all the time but when you come from a culture in which arranged marriages happen it’s just the norm. I don’t find the secular way of dating to be any more right or wrong because secular people have different ideas of that versus the community I come from. What works for you doesn’t work for everyone and all that.
It takes away the right to choose. Therefore, it makes it inhuman, because people are playing god and taking away people's right to choose. No one should be forced to do something they don't want too.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I see nothing wrong with it as long as both partners in the marriage agree to it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't believe we still have Islamic and Christian fundamentalists in 2018, but we do...
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I knew a woman in college who was from India. Her and her husband had an arranged marriage. She didn't actually see his face until after they were married. She said she was happy. They had two daughters they were raising here in the States. She and her husband said when they were old enough, they would marry them off.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have trusted my dad to pick my husband. He knew far before I did that I would marry dh. He knew that 2 of my bils would be in the family when he first met them. I trust my dad 100%. My mom on the other hand, no way would I ever let her pick my dh. I think it can work if done right.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No I couldn’t do that.
I guess it’s okay for some but not me. I want to make my life decisions by myself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic