Happy Monday

Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:41 pm Are you drunk?
Verrine wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:07 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 am It's just not that funny...

The actual reasons people have been getting serious about acceptance are real sh*t.

Feminists made a big deal because women are frequently raped, beaten to death by significant others, and paid less for the same job.
Transgendered people keep making a big deal about acceptance because they are also beaten to death at an alarming rate...
Gay people made a big deal because their civil rights kept being taken...
Middle Eastern people are standing up for their rights because they keep having their clothing ripped off of their bodies because some asshole doesn't like head scarves...

Making their reasons into a joke just seems... I don't know... Vapid ignorance disguised as comedy.
This joke comes out of a very real backlash by people who feel their power is being attacked. It's meant to minimize some valid concerns. Ha, ha you're taking that too seriously. Sit down, little girl.

It makes me think of the show "The Honeymooners" made back in the 1950's and which is an ancestor of "Roseanne." In it the male central character would say "to the moon, Alice" or "pow, right in the kisser" while shaking his fist at his wife. There's an implicit threat that if she doesn't do what he wants, he'll beat her. He never actually hit her on the show and did say "Aw, baby, you're the greatest" so the audience could see what a wonderful guy he actually was. Thousands of people thought it was a funny show and it was often played in reruns.

Domestic violence is hilarious. Muslim women getting acid thrown in their faces is hilarious. Gay men getting dragged to death behind a truck is hilarious.

This is where some of our "sisters" chime in and say we're being oversensitive because it's just a funny story about snowmen.
I'm confirming your point. There's a reason the joke makes you uncomfortable. Some things are funny only at the expense of others.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:51 am Great post! :D
Lol..i never saw that meme before. I hope no one posts it again. ;)
I shit glitter
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Reedusstalker

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 am
WickedPissah wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 am
SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:19 am Already been posted
Oh well. Too bad there is not a feature to let us know if something has been posted. Guess until then we will have to rely on you to notify us.

It's still funny and spot on.
The correct answer was, “oh, sorry, thanks for letting me know.” Ironically, the attempt at snark makes you come off as offended.

Just delete the post and move on with your day.
There is no correct answere here. And I haven't seen it so I'm glad she didn't delete it.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

😁
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Check out squatting slav on YouTube.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She didn't post like she is to me, but based on your reponse, are you drunk? I feel she communicated clearly, sarcasm and all.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:41 pm Are you drunk?
Verrine wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:07 pm

The actual reasons people have been getting serious about acceptance are real sh*t.

Feminists made a big deal because women are frequently raped, beaten to death by significant others, and paid less for the same job.
Transgendered people keep making a big deal about acceptance because they are also beaten to death at an alarming rate...
Middle Eastern people are standing up for their rights because they keep having their clothing ripped off of their bodies because some asshole doesn't like head scarves...

Making their reasons into a joke just seems... I don't know... Vapid ignorance disguised as comedy.
This joke comes out of a very real backlash by people who feel their power is being attacked. It's meant to minimize some valid concerns. Ha, ha you're taking that too seriously. Sit down, little girl.

It makes me think of the show "The Honeymooners" made back in the 1950's and which is an ancestor of "Roseanne." In it the male central character would say "to the moon, Alice" or "pow, right in the kisser" while shaking his fist at his wife. There's an implicit threat that if she doesn't do what he wants, he'll beat her. He never actually hit her on the show and did say "Aw, baby, you're the greatest" so the audience could see what a wonderful guy he actually was. Thousands of people thought it was a funny show and it was often played in reruns.

Domestic violence is hilarious. Muslim women getting acid thrown in their faces is hilarious. Gay men getting dragged to death behind a truck is hilarious.

This is where some of our "sisters" chime in and say we're being oversensitive because it's just a funny story about snowmen.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:07 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 am
WickedPissah wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 am
Oh well. Too bad there is not a feature to let us know if something has been posted. Guess until then we will have to rely on you to notify us.

It's still funny and spot on.
The correct answer was, “oh, sorry, thanks for letting me know.” Ironically, the attempt at snark makes you come off as offended.

Just delete the post and move on with your day.
There is no correct answere here. And I haven't seen it so I'm glad she didn't delete it.
I have seen it either. One more snowflake melted.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:28 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:51 am Great post! :D
Lol..i never saw that meme before. I hope no one posts it again. ;)
The snowflakes are melting one by one.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The thing is, in this country my right to say something that offends you still trumps your “imaginary right” not to be offended. Many people are getting a bit scared that this “imaginary right” many people seem to think they have will become a real one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic