Happy Monday

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:29 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 am It's just not that funny...

The actual reasons people have been getting serious about acceptance are real sh*t.

Feminists made a big deal because women are frequently raped, beaten to death by significant others, and paid less for the same job.
Transgendered people keep making a big deal about acceptance because they are also beaten to death at an alarming rate...
Gay people made a big deal because their civil rights kept being taken...
Middle Eastern people are standing up for their rights because they keep having their clothing ripped off of their bodies because some asshole doesn't like head scarves...

Making their reasons into a joke just seems... I don't know... Vapid ignorance disguised as comedy.
The thing is, in this country my right to say something that offends you still trumps your “imaginary right” not to be offended. Many people are getting a bit scared that this “imaginary right” many people seem to think they have will become a real one.

You’ve been reading too many Facebook memes...

I never said anything of the sort...
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:19 am Already been posted
Yep, and it's still stupid.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:09 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 am It's just not that funny...

The actual reasons people have been getting serious about acceptance are real sh*t.

Feminists made a big deal because women are frequently raped, beaten to death by significant others, and paid less for the same job.
Transgendered people keep making a big deal about acceptance because they are also beaten to death at an alarming rate...
Gay people made a big deal because their civil rights kept being taken...
Middle Eastern people are standing up for their rights because they keep having their clothing ripped off of their bodies because some asshole doesn't like head scarves...

Making their reasons into a joke just seems... I don't know... Vapid ignorance disguised as comedy.
The thing is, in this country my right to say something that offends you still trumps your “imaginary right” not to be offended. Many people are getting a bit scared that this “imaginary right” many people seem to think they have will become a real one.

I don’t actually have a Facebook account.

You had no problem getting extremely offended by something you knew was meant to be lighthearted.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:11 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:09 pm

I don’t actually have a Facebook account.

You had no problem getting extremely offended by something you knew was meant to be lighthearted.
This might mean that you have no clue what “extremely offended “ means...

I don’t have to think every joke is funny... some of them are stupid. Case in point.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:09 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:19 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:55 pm FB_IMG_1545078296766.jpg
The snowflake police told me it's not allowed.
Will you put money on my canteen card?
Since you didn't ask for an iTunes card, sure I'll add funds to your canteen card.😁
And some stamps that way i can write men and get more canteen. 😂
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic