ASPCA Ads?

libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 pm
Rosehawk wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm For shock factor: They hit the mark

For actually getting me to care and donate: They miss the mark by 100 miles.
That is how I feel. I resent them for the guilt mongering so I block it out.
I do too. Just can’t watch them.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't watch them. We adopted a dog earlier this year. We didn't know it but the Humane Society in the city where we used to live and were visiting does its adoption program on Saturdays at PetSmart. We walked out with a dog. It was hard seeing all those poor dogs and cats and knowing most would not get adopted. I cannot watch the ASPCA commercials anymore.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Commercial comes on and I instantly flip the channel. I can’t handle it.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I just tune the ads out. I'd rather give my money towards feeding hungry children, or helping ones suffering from cancer.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I change the channel, I dont.like crying
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Lilysma719 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:56 pmI just tune the ads out. I'd rather give my money towards feeding hungry children, or helping ones suffering from cancer.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I hate them! My daughter cries and runs out of the room, now she doesn't want to watch the movie together anymore, and everyone is upset. There is certainly a better way to get their point across with out shivering and emaciated dogs. Glad you brought this up.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:03 pm I can't watch them. We adopted a dog earlier this year. We didn't know it but the Humane Society in the city where we used to live and were visiting does its adoption program on Saturdays at PetSmart. We walked out with a dog. It was hard seeing all those poor dogs and cats and knowing most would not get adopted. I cannot watch the ASPCA commercials anymore.
We had a similar expercience. About 2 years ago me and DD 9 went to pet smart adoption with my Mom for her to adopt a dog. She did. What should have been a happy occasion was now sad as DD was crying in the car about all of the dogs left behind as we pulled away. Ugh!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I always think to myself,well put all that money you're paying that actor/actress in your fund.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Those ads make me so sad and I want to adopt the animals.
i want candy!
Locked Previous topicNext topic