The Anonymous “Trick”

RedBottoms

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:55 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:42 am
mater-three wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 am

I hardly think it’s proper to suggest that after knowing how much Skip has sank into getting it. I rarely use the thing but I have. I think that there is going to be annoying people regardless of what is here or not. I think that it might be better to grow a backbone and learn to ignore the ignorant commenters.
Its hard when they literally follow you to every thread and say outrageous things like lies about you or insult your family.
I get it. But have you considered what might happen if you never responded to them? If they don’t get a reaction, it’s hardky worth it. That’s what insecure people do. They belittle others in order to boost their own self-worth. Don’t acknowledge it and they’ll either stop or make themselves look like even bigger fools. Jmo
I am working on ignoring them. The issue is sometimes the anon posters might be legit trying to ask me a question or converse with me but its hard telling them apart from the ones just trying to pick a fight. Sometimes though its very obvious that is what they are doing.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

libbylu wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:14 pm
mater-three wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:51 am
libbylu wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 am

Many posters think the anon feature should be eliminated.
I have a backbone thank you. I was born with one. But I also have good taste and concern for others feelings.
I have thanked Skip several times since we all gathered here last spring.

Now let’s just end this “ conversation “.
Boy you sure took the hat personally lol. I didn’t say you didn’t. I said that it’s a better approach to handle it like you do but wasn’t a personal attack against you. If you already do, it’s pretty obvious that I wasn’t speaking about you.

Do you always jump the gun when someone makes an observation?
Well you did say it was highly inappropriate to suggest that.
Was that meant for me or not?
You might need to read that again. Highly inappropriate? No, I didn’t say that. I was simply commenting that skip paid a lot of money for the anon feature. Suggesting she just eliminate it isn’t really right. Do you often throw your money in the toilet? I don’t and I doubt most people do.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:55 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:42 am

Its hard when they literally follow you to every thread and say outrageous things like lies about you or insult your family.
I get it. But have you considered what might happen if you never responded to them? If they don’t get a reaction, it’s hardky worth it. That’s what insecure people do. They belittle others in order to boost their own self-worth. Don’t acknowledge it and they’ll either stop or make themselves look like even bigger fools. Jmo
I am working on ignoring them. The issue is sometimes the anon posters might be legit trying to ask me a question or converse with me but its hard telling them apart from the ones just trying to pick a fight. Sometimes though its very obvious that is what they are doing.
I have learned to ignore anon notifications, reading their comments/responses sometimes days after the post was made. I also ignore certain posters, after the first or second response, if they aren't acting mature. Maybe try that.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:01 pm

I have learned to ignore anon notifications, reading their comments/responses sometimes days after the post was made. I also ignore certain posters, after the first or second response, if they aren't acting mature. Maybe try that.
I don't get anon notifications.
Attachments
7666a558fd4a00869c8ee3e1148f38df.jpg
7666a558fd4a00869c8ee3e1148f38df.jpg (24.78 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 pm

You have a system that works for you. I'm still working on my system. I don't get that many anon notifications any more. Depending on the post and how any previous interaction went depends on how fast I read certain notifications. Shoot, I have 4 right now I haven't even looked at.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:39 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 pm

You have a system that works for you. I'm still working on my system. I don't get that many anon notifications any more. Depending on the post and how any previous interaction went depends on how fast I read certain notifications. Shoot, I have 4 right now I haven't even looked at.
The mark all read option I 😍 bigtime!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I missed it all too. But honestly even if you had the time to find out who the anons are, why would you care? Big whoop you found out who the anon was, probably someone you dont know which makes them anon to you anyway lol.

BTW this is Thunderkiss65- I thought it would be funny to go anon with this reply... oOoOO, I guess I'm outed now :lol:
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I miss all the fun....what happened ?
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:08 pm I miss all the fun....was it just who was posting or every post ever created ?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Reading through I didnt realize how much skip and the others put into this place. Personally I only go anon unless it the occasional once or twice I dont, or I forgot to hit the anon button lol. Thanks admins for this site.
Locked Previous topicNext topic