Hell NO I'm not going to see

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:57 am I'd like to see a movie about the song Bohemian Rhapsody. Freddy wrote it as an opera. I'd like to see the song played out on stage. Who is this guy who is confessing to his mamma? Who was the man he killed? What's his back story? I've wondered this for years. I think it would make a great musical/rock opera.
He killed himself theoretically. It’s a song about how he contracted aids, and he’s saying goodbye to his mother... telling them to go on without him
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:12 pm Is the "hair of the dog" a real thing?

If I had a beer at lunch would I feel better?
My husband says a shot of Jagermeister and a shot of Coca Cola is good for a hangover. I swear by Excedrin, lots of water and an Epsom salt bath.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:38 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:57 am I'd like to see a movie about the song Bohemian Rhapsody. Freddy wrote it as an opera. I'd like to see the song played out on stage. Who is this guy who is confessing to his mamma? Who was the man he killed? What's his back story? I've wondered this for years. I think it would make a great musical/rock opera.
He killed himself theoretically. It’s a song about how he contracted aids, and he’s saying goodbye to his mother... telling them to go on without him
But started writing that song in 1968 and was first recorded for the 1975 album. That was long before we even knew about AIDS.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:42 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:12 pm Is the "hair of the dog" a real thing?

My husband says a shot of Jagermeister and a shot of Coca Cola is good for a hangover. I swear by Excedrin, lots of water and an Epsom salt bath.
I had a boyfriend who took an aspirin and drank a big glass of water before going to bed to prevent a hangover. He swore by it. He never woke up hungover and that dude could drink.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:07 pm

I had a boyfriend who took an aspirin and drank a big glass of water before going to bed to prevent a hangover. He swore by it. He never woke up hungover and that dude could drink.
I've noticed that if I take one of my migraine pills (Imitrex) and drink lots of water before I go to bed after drinking, I don't have a hangover or at least it's not as bad. Also, when I stick with drinking vodka and cranberry juice, and don't mix, I don't feel nearly as shitty the next day. If I start mixing drinks or have drinks with a lot of sugar, I get sick as a dog. Vodka and cranberry juice is a good clean drunk lol.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:17 pm

I've noticed that if I take one of my migraine pills (Imitrex) and drink lots of water before I go to bed after drinking, I don't have a hangover or at least it's not as bad. Also, when I stick with drinking vodka and cranberry juice, and don't mix, I don't feel nearly as shitty the next day. If I start mixing drinks or have drinks with a lot of sugar, I get sick as a dog. Vodka and cranberry juice is a good clean drunk lol.
My father always said never mix the grain and the grape. So only stick to one type of alcohol. Idk if I have lots of sugary drinks I get sick also.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm
My father always said never mix the grain and the grape. So only stick to one type of alcohol. Idk if I have lots of sugary drinks I get sick also.
Worst hangover I've ever had was when I drank vodka, Long Island ice tea, Fireball shots and God only knows what else. I was hungover for 2 days.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:38 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Worst hangover I've ever had was when I drank vodka, Long Island ice tea, Fireball shots and God only knows what else. I was hungover for 2 days.
Too many liquors and sugars probably. My worse hangover was after drinking beer and then champagne one NY Eve.
I had the room whirling and I got sick. And then I had to work on New Year's day. And because it's apparently a holy day in the Catholic church my bf then wouldn't let me be until I went with him to Mass. I wanted to kill him but I wasn't well enough to do it lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic