I feel a little bad that I never get into the holidays

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I go through the motions to make sure my kids enjoy it. But If I didn’t have kids I’d completely skip the entire season. Enjoy the extra days off but not decorate or do gifts. It’s not new, I’ve been like this for years. I’m broken
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You're not broken, you just aren't into the holidays. Some people are like that, nothing wrong with it, just kinda how it is.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I hate doing the gifts part. I love the extra family time on Christmas if jobs permit it. I hate wrapping gifts . This year I get a pay check the Friday before Christmas. I was talking to my kids and I think we are going shopping together over the weekend. They already know what they are going to get and I don’t have much money to get a bunch of gifts so I thought we would make a fun Christmas shopping weekend and forget wrapping the gifts. I want to make them gift baskets too and then that Monday is Christmas Eve and we will bake cookies, drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm I hate doing the gifts part. I love the extra family time on Christmas if jobs permit it. I hate wrapping gifts . This year I get a pay check the Friday before Christmas. I was talking to my kids and I think we are going shopping together over the weekend. They already know what they are going to get and I don’t have much money to get a bunch of gifts so I thought we would make a fun Christmas shopping weekend and forget wrapping the gifts. I want to make them gift baskets too and then that Monday is Christmas Eve and we will bake cookies, drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies.
I don’t mind wrapping I’m really good at it (I worked in a Hallmark store for a few years) I like that it’s one of the few times all of my siblings end up at my moms house at the same time. And the food. I’ll drive to my moms after work on Monday and back home Wednesday morning to work a few hours on Wednesday.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I like Christmas decorating and getting gifts for my daughter and husband but I hate the pressure of getting together with other family like my parents and my sister and her family. We live 4 hours from my parents and 6 from my sister and no one wants to travel in the winter so that leaves us doing it. We try to get together before Christmas so then Christmas day we can just stay home. After I get gifts bought for my parents and sisters family and we visit them I will be a better Christmas mood.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I never really get into it either, I don't get the notion that you have to spend thousands & thousands & thousands of dollars on presents for your kids in order for your kids to love you, epsecially in this group.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm I hate doing the gifts part. I love the extra family time on Christmas if jobs permit it. I hate wrapping gifts . This year I get a pay check the Friday before Christmas. I was talking to my kids and I think we are going shopping together over the weekend. They already know what they are going to get and I don’t have much money to get a bunch of gifts so I thought we would make a fun Christmas shopping weekend and forget wrapping the gifts. I want to make them gift baskets too and then that Monday is Christmas Eve and we will bake cookies, drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies.
I don’t mind wrapping I’m really good at it (I worked in a Hallmark store for a few years) I like that it’s one of the few times all of my siblings end up at my moms house at the same time. And the food. I’ll drive to my moms after work on Monday and back home Wednesday morning to work a few hours on Wednesday.
It’s weird... I’m fine wrapping a package I send in the mail. I use paper bags to wrap a package if I’m sending something like a book off in the mail. I have to problems with it and have gotten compliments on how well wrapped they are. But I hate wrapping anything in the flimsy light weight wrapping paper you get at Christmas. It always rips for me.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I like seeing family and the food. But I'd rather go do something fun than the gift thing. And I don't feel like decorating this year.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 pm
It’s weird... I’m fine wrapping a package I send in the mail. I use paper bags to wrap a package if I’m sending something like a book off in the mail. I have to problems with it and have gotten compliments on how well wrapped they are. But I hate wrapping anything in the flimsy light weight wrapping paper you get at Christmas. It always rips for me.
Last year I used brown paper and white twine for everyone. I don’t always use Christmas paper. Some of it is awful
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sounds sweet!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic