Say it louder for the people in the back

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This. 100% this.

Our children are not the most important people in our home. DH and I are. It's one of the many reasons we have a successful marriage. Too often people get caught up in children. It's easy to do. And too often their relationships are neglected due to that which leads to divorce. I would never have interrupted my parents or thought I could sleep in their bed. My children don't do that either. I didn't think I was more important than my folks growing up. It had always been clear to me that as my parents and as the leaders of our family they were the most important people in our home. We didn't feel neglected or less than because of it. It's just how it was and how DH and I raise our family too.

Our children need us to model healthy relationships so they can have healthy relationships. Children thinking they are the most important people in a home is why we have kids wanting participation trophies today and getting their panties in a twist over songs and TV shows that are decades old and insisting they are banned. It gives them a sense of entitlement that the world does not need.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh Lala
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Agreed
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh darn. It was supposed to attach this pic.
Attachments
received_1943330935751275.jpeg
RedBottoms

Unread post

I am the most important person in the world and my kids know that. Kidding sort of lol.

I make sure their needs and most of their wants are met. But they also know if momma ain't happy, no one is going to be happy. Happy wife, Happy life.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There are so many ways to raise successful, respectful children...
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Closed minded and reaching, especially the end.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I understand what you're saying but cosleeping doesn't even fit into what you're trying to convey.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:21 am I am the most important person in the world and my kids know that. Kidding sort of lol.

I make sure their needs and most of their wants are met. But they also know if momma ain't happy, no one is going to be happy. Happy wife, Happy life.
Yes red, we're all aware you're a narcissistic ball buster. Not something I would be proud of but you do you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic