That's one way to lose your snack

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DS 11 was getting a snack. We bought a giant bag of trail mix from Costco and DS had poured a good amount into a bowl to snack on.

YDS 5 came over and took a couple and DS absolutely lost his shit and started yelling at him as if he had just taken the whole thing or something.

Like, we literally have a giant almost brand new bag that was just opened and you are going to yell at a 5 year old for taking a couple pieces? I told him that and he still wouldn't stop pissing and moaning about his brother taking some.

So, now the snack is gone. If you want to be THAT dramatic you don't get it. There is no reason to yell at a small child for taking a couple pieces especially when we have a giant bag of it sitting next to you.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

You’re ok with people reaching into your bowl/plate and just taking your food? I understand the situation isn’t a big deal really but think about it. DS5 could have reached into the bag for some, not someone’s bowl.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What did you do to the 5 year old for helping himself to something that didn't belong to him without asking when there was a giant bag right next to him?

Both of your boys screwed up in this scenario.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your reaction is just as over the top as his.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why is it ok for the 5 year old to just help himself to his brother's food without asking? He was perfectly within his rights to get irked with his brother. It does not matter if there was a bag sitting there. It is about respect. His younger brother is fully old enough to know not to just grab someone else's food as it is disrespectful. You ask first. Period.
In my home, the younger child would have been spoken to about the utter disrespect he showed his brother. The oldest would have been told that while he was the wronged party, he is old enough to talk to his brother or us about the issue. Our girls are required to ask the other child before taking food. They are not allowed to just take what they want and if they do they lose it and go to their room.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why didn't you just give ds5 his own snack bowl? You were dramatic also by taking the snack away, I wonder where he gets the dramatic flare for overreaction ? Hmmmmmmm
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It wouldn't have happened if you'd taught the younger child manners.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I yell at my kid too when she starts mooching out of my snack. I tell her to get her butt up off the couch and go get her own. You should have told your 5 year old that one doesn't help themselves to someone else's food without being offered some. He was rude and he is the one who should be punished.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 pm What did you do to the 5 year old for helping himself to something that didn't belong to him without asking when there was a giant bag right next to him?

Both of your boys screwed up in this scenario.
I agree. The older one may have overreacted, but your younger one needs to use some manners and not reach into someone else's bowl. He should have gotten it from the bag or asked for some.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

So your saying this behavior goes on far longer then age 2 :/
Locked Previous topicNext topic