What do you think of the viral video

User avatar
pinkbutterfly66
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7709
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 am
Location: Fillory

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am

I think his parenting style is probably why his kid is a bully.
libbylu
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 5675
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:26 am

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am
I think his parenting style is probably why his kid is a bully.
I think so too
User avatar
MysticDreamer
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1652
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Location: NM
Contact:

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Having had my kid bullied on the school bus, I am with team dad here. Teach the brat a lesson, hoping it will keep her out of jail later on. My daughter is an adult now, but her bully is in the police blotter in and out of jail constantly.
Anonymous 1

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Giving your child consequences for her actions is bully behavior?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am
I think his parenting style is probably why his kid is a bully.
User avatar
carterscutie85
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4880
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:19 am

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 pm

MysticDreamer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm
Having had my kid bullied on the school bus, I am with team dad here. Teach the brat a lesson, hoping it will keep her out of jail later on. My daughter is an adult now, but her bully is in the police blotter in and out of jail constantly.
When my son rode the bus a girl would call him racial names and pick on him. She was punished, let back on, and went right back to it. Obviously her parents were failing her by teaching her to be racist (since they were 5 at the time) and not doing anything about her picking on my son. It was towards the end of the year so the second time it happened nothing was done about it and my son switched schools the next year when we moved.
Image
User avatar
pinkbutterfly66
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7709
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 am
Location: Fillory

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Anonymous 1 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm
Giving your child consequences for her actions is bully behavior?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am
I think his parenting style is probably why his kid is a bully.
There are other types of consequences that would be perfectly acceptable instead of this bullying tactic. Not only does he force his kid to walk the five miles, he takes a video and posts it to youtube to humiliate her. You can discipline a child without bullying.
User avatar
MysticDreamer
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1652
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Location: NM
Contact:

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:46 pm

carterscutie85 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 pm
MysticDreamer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm
Having had my kid bullied on the school bus, I am with team dad here. Teach the brat a lesson, hoping it will keep her out of jail later on. My daughter is an adult now, but her bully is in the police blotter in and out of jail constantly.
When my son rode the bus a girl would call him racial names and pick on him. She was punished, let back on, and went right back to it. Obviously her parents were failing her by teaching her to be racist (since they were 5 at the time) and not doing anything about her picking on my son. It was towards the end of the year so the second time it happened nothing was done about it and my son switched schools the next year when we moved.
It was my experience that schools don't do anything about bullying. In my case, we were supposed to have a meeting with the kid's parents, they didn't even bother to show up. I told my daughter right there in front of the principal, if that little bitch touches you, lay her out on the floor. The girl was expelled a few days later for bullying another kid. So no, I don't feel bad that dad made his kid walk 5 miles to school. One can do a whole bunch of soul searching thinking in that time.
Momto2boys973
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 6529
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm

While I agree with the dad’s punishment, I don’t agree with adding humiliation to it. How can you teach a child not to bully by humiliating them online?
I always try to be really careful not to humiliate my children even when they deserve a scolding. I take them aside and privately do whatever needs to be done, but never in front of others, not even a brother. Humiliation doesn’t teach anything, it just hurts.
Momto2boys973
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 6529
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:54 pm

I think making her walk was a good punishment. Natural consequences.
But I agree with you that adding humiliation to it was uncalled for. I get the whole idea of her experiencing the humiliation she does to others, but I don’t think that’s the best way to teach her empathy.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm
Giving your child consequences for her actions is bully behavior?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am
I think his parenting style is probably why his kid is a bully.
There are other types of consequences that would be perfectly acceptable instead of this bullying tactic. Not only does he force his kid to walk the five miles, he takes a video and posts it to youtube to humiliate her. You can discipline a child without bullying.
User avatar
carterscutie85
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4880
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:19 am

Unread post Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Momto2boys973 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm
While I agree with the dad’s punishment, I don’t agree with adding humiliation to it. How can you teach a child not to bully by humiliating them online?
I always try to be really careful not to humiliate my children even when they deserve a scolding. I take them aside and privately do whatever needs to be done, but never in front of others, not even a brother. Humiliation doesn’t teach anything, it just hurts.
At the same time the girl could have been humiliating the kid she bullied. Bullying is more than hitting, calling names, etc. Especially with girls. That was a big thing when I went to school was humiliating other kids to bully them. Boys were mostly physical while girls were mental. Maybe she needs a taste of her own medicine.
Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic