If someone cancelled

Anonymous 1

Unread post

3 times last year at the last minute when you were trying to see them for Christmas, would you reach out again this year? Edit: The reasons they cancelled were because something else came up and/or they forgot about something, things like that. But the 3rd time she didn't even let us know and we were on our way! So she cancelled 30 minutes before we were coming!
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My first reaction is no. But then I would think about the reasons why they cancelled previously. Was it health related? Family emergency, etc - then I might be willing to give them a second chance. On the other hand if it appears they canceled because something better came along, then hell no.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yeah the reasons were pretty much BS. I added them in my OP. I just don't trust that she would do it again.
JoJo728 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:06 am My first reaction is no. But then I would think about the reasons why they cancelled previously. Was it health related? Family emergency, etc - then I might be willing to give them a second chance. On the other hand if it appears they canceled because something better came along, then hell no.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No way, who wants to be treated badly?
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope wouldn't bother reaching out
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yeah I tend to take more crap because I want to see my kid nieces and nephews but it's hard to deal with knowing their parents couldn't care less about seeing me and my kids and then cancelling. It's like I wonder if I should at least try but then to deal with crap like last year (and other years too), I don't know if I should even try.
cellomom26 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:14 am No way, who wants to be treated badly?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Depends on who and why. If it's my bff who is taking care of her mother her kids and maybe one day her father yes I'll reach out again. But if it's an acquaintance no and if it's a man forget it. Everyone knows that means he's not into you when he does that.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, no point if she bailed the last 3 times, seeing you isn't a priority to her, so me personally, I'd stop making the effort.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope. Those are the kind of people I naturally just become distant with over time. I really wouldn't talk to them at all. Maybe an email once a year to catch up but I don't really go out of my way for people, especially when they make no effort.
viv74
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I wouldn’t bother again. We’re yiu exchanging Christmas gifts? Is it possible they couldn’t afford to and just didn’t know how to tell you
Locked Previous topicNext topic