Did you ever think you had a problem?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

With drinking or drugs? I knew that I had a problem but got a handle on it before I would consider myself a full blown alcoholic. Now I see people that seem to have a problem and I KNOW that I had one because it's very familiar. If you ever felt you had a problem, how did you get it under control if you did?

For me, the people that I hung out with that partied were diminishing for different reasons. So I had less people to party with. I would still drink at home and knew that it was too often. I now am glad that I don't have a lot of people left in my life to drink with. I think I could have had a bigger problem if I hung out with those people more.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No I never thought I had a problem. I've watched Hoarding and how they would say I started hoarding after my kid died or my husband left me and I'd think yeah that could be me. Or after the Parkland shooting I'd think hell if that was mine I'd better go straight to the nearest AA meeting because brandy would certainly start looking good. But as far as a current problem no. I don't like drink or drugs enough. But I can see how animal hoarding starts.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, but I partied A LOT. For years. Never got addicted to anything. Don't regret a thing. It was a blast even though there were some very scary moments. I just knew I never wanted to go to rehab or any of that bs so I kept myself from going completely off the edge. You have to be really strong minded to not get addicted to things IMO.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I had some fun times (and scary ones too) and those scary times changed me. I knew I had to change.
famousglm714 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:11 pm No, but I partied A LOT. For years. Never got addicted to anything. Don't regret a thing. It was a blast even though there were some very scary moments. I just knew I never wanted to go to rehab or any of that bs so I kept myself from going completely off the edge. You have to be really strong minded to not get addicted to things IMO.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:26 pm I had some fun times (and scary ones too) and those scary times changed me. I knew I had to change.
famousglm714 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:11 pm No, but I partied A LOT. For years. Never got addicted to anything. Don't regret a thing. It was a blast even though there were some very scary moments. I just knew I never wanted to go to rehab or any of that bs so I kept myself from going completely off the edge. You have to be really strong minded to not get addicted to things IMO.
Same. It was fun but there's no way I could keep that lifestyle up now. It would be just plain sad at 33, lol. I get up at the time I used to go to bed back then, lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No. I don't have a problem with alcohol or drugs. I enjoyed pot in college when it was available, that was not very often and it was a long time ago. I don't drink much alcohol at all, maybe once every 5 or 6 months and then it's only a glass or two of wine or a mixed drink. I never was much of a partier or drinker.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Most of my family are alcoholics. My ah-ha moment was when I laid into my then 4 year old for something very small and insignificant. The look on his face was the same feeling I had when my alcoholic uncle would lay into me for nothing. That was the last day I took a drink. 11 years later, and I don't even like the smell of alcohol any more.
RedBottoms

Unread post

no
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I abused alcohol in college as a 21 year old, but never had addictive tendencies. I have never experimented with drugs.

Now binge eating—a box of white fudge covered Oreo cookies, *hangs head in shame* totally addicted. It is pitiful. And my peer group, ugh, my DH will buy them for me. He’s a damn enabler, lol!!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Alcohol isn't my thing. I don't like most of it. I have never tried drugs.

I grew up with addict parents who put their addictions above basic needs for their kids like food. I won't ever try drugs or drink alcohol on a regular basis because I don't want to be like them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic