Anonymous 2

Unread post

Good.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't have a problem with what the dad did. She didn't learn the first time, and thought she would get off easy by just being driven to school. Hopefully this will give her some time to reflect on her actions and change her behavior.

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t necessarily disagree with his choice of punishment but i do disagree with the recording and posting it on social media.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:15 pm The daughter didn't seem bothered by it and she seemed to have understood the lesson. 5 miles is more than I would have been able to do but she was safe.
I read somewhere that the 5 miles was broken up over 3 days.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The OP says she’s 10, not 5. Certainly old enough to learn this went viral and be humiliated about it.
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm While I agree with the dad’s punishment, I don’t agree with adding humiliation to it. How can you teach a child not to bully by humiliating them online?
I always try to be really careful not to humiliate my children even when they deserve a scolding. I take them aside and privately do whatever needs to be done, but never in front of others, not even a brother. Humiliation doesn’t teach anything, it just hurts.
She's 5 though. How would she know? At least I hope a 5 year old isn't surfing YouTube.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:07 pm The OP says she’s 10, not 5. Certainly old enough to learn this went viral and be humiliated about it.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm While I agree with the dad’s punishment, I don’t agree with adding humiliation to it. How can you teach a child not to bully by humiliating them online?
I always try to be really careful not to humiliate my children even when they deserve a scolding. I take them aside and privately do whatever needs to be done, but never in front of others, not even a brother. Humiliation doesn’t teach anything, it just hurts.
She's 5 though. How would she know? At least I hope a 5 year old isn't surfing YouTube.
Ahhh. Yes definitely. I thought I read somewhere that she was much younger. Thank you for the correction.

I just have to say I really enjoy conversing with you. You often have a different perspective on things than I do, and you're always calm and logical when you express yourself. I appreciate that.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thanks! I enjoy your posts too!
And well, if we all always agreed the world would would be boring 😁
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:07 pm The OP says she’s 10, not 5. Certainly old enough to learn this went viral and be humiliated about it.

Ahhh. Yes definitely. I thought I read somewhere that she was much younger. Thank you for the correction.

I just have to say I really enjoy conversing with you. You often have a different perspective on things than I do, and you're always calm and logical when you express yourself. I appreciate that.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 pm Thanks! I enjoy your posts too!
And well, if we all always agreed the world would would be boring 😁
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 pm

I say the same thing! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

From what I understood, he wasn't making her walk/jog the entire way, just a mile a day and he'd drive her rest of way.

I'm not a big fan of public shaming but if this worked, more power to him.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Back in the day all kids walked to school. There are these things called coats and hats and gloves so you don't freeze when outside in winter.

So no, I don't think he did anything wrong
Locked Previous topicNext topic