What do you think of the viral video

Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:38 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 pm It wasn't 5 miles to the school.

Do your homework before posting.
https://people.com/human-interest/matt- ... _3HVqbWuKY
TOTAL not in ONE day. Like I said do your homework.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:38 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 pm It wasn't 5 miles to the school.

Do your homework before posting.
https://people.com/human-interest/matt- ... _3HVqbWuKY
"So today my beautiful daughter is going to walk five miles to school in 36-degree weather.”

It says nothing about her walking home, and says TO school. I did watch the video. He does not say round trip and he says TODAY meaning she will walk it in one day. He doesn't say over the course of a week, etc.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:45 pm
"So today my beautiful daughter is going to walk five miles to school in 36-degree weather.”

It says nothing about her walking home, and says TO school. I did watch the video. He does not say round trip and he says TODAY meaning she will walk it in one day. He doesn't say over the course of a week, etc.
It was 5 miles over the course of three days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailyc ... llying-dad
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

"The five-mile walk was done in a period of three days and completed the final two miles of her walk Wednesday."

Incase you missed it.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:50 pm

The video gives no indication of that whatsoever and neither do any of the articles floating around that I read. Sorry that I'm not so interested in this story that I care how many days she had to walk those miles. I actually don't care at all and think she deserved it.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:52 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:50 pm

The video gives no indication of that whatsoever and neither do any of the articles floating around that I read. Sorry that I'm not so interested in this story that I care how many days she had to walk those miles. I actually don't care at all and think she deserved it.
HOW DUMB
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I don't agree with him putting the video online but I agree with everything else he did. I was bullied and I have a child who was bullied, horribly. He was held down by two boys while another went through his hair, wanting to see my child's bald spots. I see nothing wrong with a harsh punishment for a child who is a bully. Maybe she will think twice before she acts like an asshole again.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh no a kid had to walk to school!

I see no issue with it.

The only thing I might have done differently is not made the video public. His personal page with friends and family, fine, but not for the world, even then the fact he did doesn’t bother me.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't agree with filming her and putting her on the internet, but I don't see it as wrong to have a ten year old walk 5 miles if they got themselves kicked off the bus. My kids are younger than that and walk 2 miles to school every morning, just because we want to, and it's below freezing half the school year here. They could easily walk 5.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I don't think any parent who posts something like that on the internet is a good parent. You don't get attention for yourself by publicly humiliating your child.
Locked Previous topicNext topic