Maintenance guy needs to be fired

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:08 am Why do you go with your DH when he’s working out of town?
I go with my DH all the time when he's working out of town. Why not?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:08 am Why do you go with your DH when he’s working out of town?
Because the kids and I enjoy traveling and it's a free way to do it. We don't always go just when theres stuff we want to do there while he works.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:52 am
Grade A clinger
Most definitely not. He goes without us frequently it just depends on if we want to do things where he is being sent.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Once when we stayed at The Hilton Chicago, a maintenance man followed me from the gym back to my room. Gave me that hair on the back of your neck danger feeling so I walked quicker. He sped up too. I made it to our room and he tried to say he needed to inspect the shower in our room. I tried closing the door but he had his foot in it. DH came from behind the guy in the hall and asked loudly if he could help him with something. Maintenance dude stuttered and bolted. We called management immediately. They checked cameras and apparently this guy had followed me all day from pool, breakfast and gym. He was fired and our stay refunded. We switched hotels to the Sheridan.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:16 pm Once when we stayed at The Hilton Chicago, a maintenance man followed me from the gym back to my room. Gave me that hair on the back of your neck danger feeling so I walked quicker. He sped up too. I made it to our room and he tried to say he needed to inspect the shower in our room. I tried closing the door but he had his foot in it. DH came from behind the guy in the hall and asked loudly if he could help him with something. Maintenance dude stuttered and bolted. We called management immediately. They checked cameras and apparently this guy had followed me all day from pool, breakfast and gym. He was fired and our stay refunded. We switched hotels to the Sheridan.
That's terrifying!
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Did you enjoy the rest of your stay? Did you get anything extra?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traveling with dh to sightsee. Always fun. Ignore the anon.
i want candy!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I've worked in retail and in the restaurant business. And let me tell you, no owner that I worked for would have ever tolerated the "rolling of the eyes" of any employee.

I'm glad that the front desk woman gave you the (better) treatment that you deserved. What an as$ that maintenance guy was!

Enjoy the rest of your stay!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:45 am So dh is working out of town and work put our family up in a hotel for 2 nights. Last night was fine but tonight dh got out of the shower and there was a yellow liquid dripping from the ceiling onto our toilet. What's directly above that? Another toilet! So he immediately abandons the bathroom and calls the front desk who sends up their maintenance guy. I kid you not he looks below the toilet lid where what we assume is urine was splattered and says well it stopped now I don't know what it is. Dh tells him no its coming from above it's not dripping from below and he turns on the vent fan its dripping from and says problem solved. No way we tell him we are not using that bathroom. He says then don't we will move your room in the morning. We ask him what we are supposed to do for a bathroom and he shrugs and says just use it.
So we call the front desk and ask to speak to a manager. The lady at the desk puts dh ln hold while finding us a new room then shows up at our door because she forgot she put him on hold and can't get through on the phone. So she walks in and asks what the problem is and as DH is telling her the maintenance man is behind her rolling his eyes at us. She sees the problem, immediately moves our room, gives us the night free, and makes sure she has DHS number correct so a manager can call him Monday morning.
I can't believe the maintenance man had that attitude.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:22 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:16 pm Once when we stayed at The Hilton Chicago, a maintenance man followed me from the gym back to my room. Gave me that hair on the back of your neck danger feeling so I walked quicker. He sped up too. I made it to our room and he tried to say he needed to inspect the shower in our room. I tried closing the door but he had his foot in it. DH came from behind the guy in the hall and asked loudly if he could help him with something. Maintenance dude stuttered and bolted. We called management immediately. They checked cameras and apparently this guy had followed me all day from pool, breakfast and gym. He was fired and our stay refunded. We switched hotels to the Sheridan.
That's terrifying!
It was. I was shaken really badly. The Hilton offered us all kinds of perks but I just couldn't stay. I kept thinking what if dh hadn't shown up when he did? He was at the gym too but typically works out longer than me. But he said he just was tired from travel so he came back up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:23 pm Did you enjoy the rest of your stay? Did you get anything extra?
We did enjoy it. The manager is supposed to call tomorrow so we will see what comes of it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic