Thoughts on a female god

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't believe in god but there was a whole movement of folks in the 1700s and earlier who believed god was a woman. I wrote my senior thesis on it. Check on Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz. Sor Juana's second dream is historical fiction but it documents her thought process and experiences.

Have you ever heard of the final wound of jesus being referred to as a womb?
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

NotACatfish wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:18 am I think God is genderless so it is fine to call him, him or her.
This is what I think too.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would like to think its male and female energy. Kundalini Energy.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:19 am I believe in God. I don't care how others believe, doesn't bother me. I think God will appear to you as you want him to look. If you picture God as a female, God will appear to you as a female.

In my mind, God is a man with wavy white hair that flows just past his shoulders. He has tired blue eyes and a white beard that reaches his chin...yes, my God looks like a mountain man I am realizing.....lol
Mine too. People can picture God however they want. He doesn’t have a human physical body. I picture Jesus(who I believe does have a body) as a shorter man with tan skin(about olive complexion) brow eyes, long dark hair and beard. With rough hands and scars.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:57 pm Other religions have dualities and gender in their deities. Other religions have multiple deities, representing the different aspects of humanity. I don't know why the idea of only one deity just took off in the Abrahamic religions.
I don't understand that either, being that I'm fairly certain that the Christian bible at least essentially acknowledges other deities.

“There is none like you among the gods, O Lord” (psalms86:8)
“He is exalted above all gods” (psalms97:7)
“You shall have no other gods before me”(Exod. 20:3)
Locked Previous topicNext topic